Moving is an event in your life that requires lots of effort and trust. You are going to have to find a Nevada company that you can work with that you will be able to trust everything that you own to. This is a tall order, as you will not personally know the movers or the company that they work for. As such, you need to put in lots of time so that you choose a Nevada moving company with a good reputation, and you need to make sure that you have the insurance coverage that you need in order to cover the loss of everything that you own should something go wrong. Many things can go wrong, but having enough insurance to cover your things can make it very simple for you to recover. Here are five ways to make sure that your moving insurance coverage is enough.
- Take stock of everything that you own and are moving in order to find out how much it would cost you to replace everything. Make sure that you keep a running inventory and list prices beside each thing so that you know how the final amount is divided up once you come to a conclusion. Make sure to estimate high rather than low, and keep all of these records, as well as any receipts, in a single area so that you have easy access to them should you need them
- Contact the Nevada moving company in order to find out what kind of moving insurance they offer people that are moving with them. Many Las Vegas moving companies offer different tiers of insurance, and you can choose basic or complex coverage depending on what your needs are. Remember, most moving companies quote and cover based on the weight of your goods rather than the unique value of each thing.
- Contact your homeowner’s insurance company like Geico or Allstate to see what kinds of coverage they offer to people who are moving. Most companies will offer some form of coverage, even if it is not enough. See what will be required of you should you wish to purchase higher levels of coverage from the people that already cover your things.
- Compare the costs and see where the insurance offered by the moving company would overlap the coverage offered by the homeowner’s insurance company. Look at the differences and see at which levels of coverage you would benefit from each one of them. Carefully consider amounts versus costs, and make sure that you get slightly more coverage than you figured you needed in step one. Contact the Nevada state insurance regulation agency if you have any questions.
- Purchase the coverage well before moving day actually arrives. It is important that the insurance policy is in place before your things are manipulated and moved by the company that you hired for this purpose. Take the time to review the different documents that you will get when you get such policies, and ensure that everything is in order before the movers arrive to transport your things.
Moving insurance is something that you should have no matter where you are moving or how much your things are worth. It is vital to you and your things that you have enough coverage, so take the time to follow these tips and steps to ensure that you are well covered when moving day arrives.